Thursday, November 18, 2010

Momentum

So, I was off work today and had a hugely productive day. I think I'm finally realizing the power of momentum. I've always known that when I start working out, and see results... that's what gets me to keep working out. It's all hey, this works and is actually fun when I see something come of it. It turns out this works for other stuff too!
I'm doing national novel writing month this month and I've been pretty much behind all month because I skipped days 2-5 due to being an uninspired slacker. But the last week or so I've been really pushing myself to hit around 2000 words a day, which is wicked. But because I've been doing that I was all, if I can do lets push harder and see what comes of it. Today I've written 4500 words and am hoping to hit 5k before bed. Update: it was getting late, so I finished the 5000 before continuing on this blog. No I hope to reach 5k, I did! And I'll probably write a lot tomorrow as well, not 5000 again because I work tomorrow and that throws everything off but I'll probably do at least 2000 (To complete NanoWriMo you need to write 1667 words per day) and plan enough to maybe have another 5k day on Saturday, how epic would that be? But yeah, I went from being signifigantly behind the daily suggested word count to being a little ahead of it. Which I could take as breathing room to relax, or push harder and see what happens. But yeah, happy dance on a day well spent.

PS- Side note, this momentum thing also seems to be working for nail biting. My nails grew a little bit more than I usually let them so now I want to let them grow more because they finally look like a normal persons nails. That one probably wont last though.

No comments:

Post a Comment